Trustmark is hiring a Digital Communications Coordinator II. This full-time position is in its administrative offices in Jackson.
The purpose of this job is to coordinate Trustmark’s external digital media communications which will include developing social media content and creative on Trustmark’s social media platforms, understanding social and digital trends and identifing opportunities for Trustmark. This position will be responsible for overseeing and implementing a variety of digital based projects, etc.
- Develop strategies around social media for Trustmark by creating plans and editorial schedules, using existing and emerging channels to produce and actively participate in and monitor the effectiveness of such communications. Prepare creative messaging and design for social and digital platforms. Create and develop social media campaigns. Respond, refer and provide analysis across communication platforms. Monitor all social media channels and review sites for relevant discussions among peer competitors and within the financial industry by regularly reviewing sites for relavent discussions. Regularly report on how each channel is performing and provide strategic recommendations on how to improve/optimize for customer engagement. Integrate closely with other departments such as products and services, community engagement, etc. Work with other lines of business on new initiatives, campaigns or products and services. Communicate frequently of community initiatives and new campaigns throughout Trustmark’s footprint.
- Develop online digital communications with the goal of driving actionable insights for campaign optimization for a variety of projects. Identify digital opportunities for social media, digital ads, digital trends and placement. Create and maintain project timelines, schedules and cost estimates to support the progress of initiatives, including reports, analysis, and recommendations for future enhancements. Actively watch social media trends and topics to advise on how Trustmark can continually adapt to better communicate with our social community. Understand digital advertising for social and other digital mediums. Understand digital user behavior to develop more user-friendly experiences.
- Understand all aspects of digital communications and social media and stay up-to-date with new developments and emerging technologies. Utilize measurements and tools to provide progress reports and insights, while continually finding ways to improve on metrics through research and new initiatives.
- Maintain and update as needed our policies and procedures to ensure all digital-related activities conform to applicable regulatory and finance standards. Prepare presentations and dashboards for management and marketing team highlighting campaign performance and tracking business goals. Research peer groups and understand vendor relationships
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of word usage, grammar, sentence structure, and paragraphing
- Knowledge of social media and digital communication platforms
- Knowledge of the financial industry preferred
- Strong written, visual and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate with people at all levels inside and out of the organization.
- Skills using design programs including InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Understand current social media landscape and marketing potential across channels.
- Proven ability to perform and apply design skills across multiple channels including web, traditional and digital.
- Ability to navigate and maintain social media channels effectively
- Ability to connect with consumers through innovative storytelling
- Experience creating content with a strong SEO focus
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of content messaging and delivery, determining which methods work for the brand
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work independently, without close supervision
- Ability to organize, budget and prioritize a variety of projects simultaneously. Strong attention to detail and proactive nature is essential
- Ability to learn and adapt to new and changing environments
- Ability to be flexible in all situations
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings and/or weekends to respond to urgent member inquiries or company updates
- Four-year college degree with preferred focus on a communication-related field such as Social Media, Marketing or Communications
- 2-3 years of previous experience in digital and social media
- Experience in imagery and messaging preferred
The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality Human Resources Office is accepting applications for the following job vacancy in the Executive Director’s Office.
Position: Special Projects Officer IV
Salary Range: $36,176.62 to $63,309.09
Location: Information Center
A Master’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a field related to the scientific, technological, or specialized functions of the employing agency;
Four (4) years of experience related to the above described duties, three (3) years of which must include line or functional supervision.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a field related to the scientific, technological, or specialized functions of the employing agency;
Five (5) years of experience related to the above described duties, three (3) years of which must include line or functional supervision.
Graduation from a standard four-year high school or equivalent (GED);
Nine (9) years of experience related to the above described duties, three (3) years of which must include line or functional supervision.
Related education and related experience may be substituted on an equal basis, except there shall be no substitution for the three (3) years of line or functional supervision.
– Website management, website content, website edits, writing, research, taking photos and videos, public/media affairs, social media, and some graphic design.
To apply, please submit a resume to Kelty Puckett at email@example.com
The Mississippi Department of Transportation is seeking a public information officer.
Job Description: This position serves as a Public Information Officer in the MDOT Public Affairs Division. The incumbent in this position will implement and participate in planning internal and external communication strategies that support MDOT’s key initiatives and objectives. The Public Information Officer is responsible for raising the visibility of MDOT statewide to help communities understand how to access transportation programs, services and resources. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing messaging for press releases, media alerts, social media posts, website content, talking points, speeches, print materials and special publications; updates to the public on projects and disaster and emergency situations; preparing spokespeople and coordinating media interviews; and serving as an agency spokesperson.
Special Qualifications: The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, journalism or a related field, or a combination of education and experience equivalent to such a degree, and three years of work experience in public information. Experience in media relations as a spokesperson is preferred. Successful candidate must be proficient in the use of social media platforms, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Jason Scott, Public Affairs Division (67-01), PO Box 1850, Jackson, MS 39215 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information: MDOT Public Affairs Division, 601-359-7074
Public Affairs Division
Location: Jackson, MS – MDOT Administration Building, Downtown
Who We Are
The Cirlot Agency is a battle-tested, hardcore team of global brand builders. Beyond full-service strategic communications, we are a business development firm. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to some of the world’s largest privately held corporations. They have come to expect ever-evolving strategies and precise execution … and we deliver. We love what we do. We work for clients we like and believe in – and we choose our clients as carefully as they choose us. We have fun. And we do it all from our headquarters in Jackson, Mississippi, and our office in Washington, DC. We are looking for smart, funny, hard workers with a special set of skills. If you think that’s you, let us know.
Who You Are
You have a minimum of 1 to 3 years’ relevant experience in journalism/feature writing, P.R. or a related field and are …
- A writer with a journalistic mindset who is a master at crafting and telling compelling stories
- Intellectually curious by nature and enjoy writing about topics that inspire action and discussion
- A creative as well as strategic thinker who doesn’t believe in cookie-cutter solutions
- Proven successful at communicating complex ideas concisely through a variety of mediums
- Plugged in, savvy, connected, aware of current happenings that matter in the world
- A team player who can also work independently
What You Do
You are a skilled writer with experience researching, writing and editing short-form and long-form content for trade publications, websites, national media, etc., as well as scripts and speeches. You are also able to …
- Write must-read, compelling stories in a variety of areas, including technical and human interest that showcase our clients’ programs, products and services
- Maintain the highest standards of written work and have a deep knowledge of traditional and new media
- Use a solid understanding of the clients’ businesses and themes to generate effective and timely news hooks, story angles and specific media opportunities
- Deliver brand-building content to support our clients’ programs, products, services, and thought leadership initiatives
- Cover our clients’ programs, products and services as a journalist would
- Research, write and edit short-form and long-form content for trade publications, websites, national media, etc.
- Ensure all writing is clear, thoughtful, strong, meets AP Style and effectively communicates your objective in all correspondence
- Edit and proof team’s work and serve as a language expert in written communication
- Contribute to the development of strategic client plans that reflect a keen understanding of the client’s business and communications priorities
- Assist with developing and planning internal and external communication strategy, as well as tactical executions of that strategy
- Take ownership and pride in delivering measurable results that impact our clients’ businesses
- Assist with day-to-day client interactions
We are looking to fill this full-time position immediately and onsite at the Jackson, Mississippi, headquarters. Remote engagements are not an option. Interested parties should send a current résumé and writing samples via email to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.