Holmes Community College is looking for an instructor to teach public speaking/speech courses, with a possibility of teaching Theatre Appreciation and/or Drama Production courses during the regular fall/spring semesters (day and/or evening) and possibly summer sessions. Duties also include advising. Reports to: Academic Dean.
- Master’s degree in Public Speaking/Communication or master’s degree with a concentration in Public Speaking/Communication (a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Public Speaking/Communication are required). Experience or course work using multimedia presentations is preferable. Equivalent Education, related work experience, demonstrated competencies in the discipline, and achievements that contribute to effective teaching and student learning outcomes will be considered.
- Applicants with community college teaching experience preferred.
- Applicants with online teaching and/or Canvas experience preferred.
- Applicants must have excellent references from previous employers and/or professors.
- Attend faculty meetings and computer training sessions.
- Prepare course materials, organize classes, keep student records, maintain classrooms and equipment, and other duties related to the instructional process.
- Cooperate in the development of curriculum; preparation of syllabi; and the selection of textbooks, library materials, instructional materials, equipment, and supplies
- Participate in program/curriculum review and development and student learning outcomes initiatives
- Employ available instructional technology to meet diverse student needs.
- Serve as an academic advisor to students who have designated a major in the faculty member’s assigned area
- Post and maintain on-campus office hours for student consultations according to college policy
- Perform all related and implied duties as may be directed.
For more information and to apply online, visit the Holmes Community College website.