Trustmark is hiring a Digital Communications Coordinator II. This full-time position is in its administrative offices in Jackson.
The purpose of this job is to coordinate Trustmark’s external digital media communications which will include developing social media content and creative on Trustmark’s social media platforms, understanding social and digital trends and identifing opportunities for Trustmark. This position will be responsible for overseeing and implementing a variety of digital based projects, etc.
- Develop strategies around social media for Trustmark by creating plans and editorial schedules, using existing and emerging channels to produce and actively participate in and monitor the effectiveness of such communications. Prepare creative messaging and design for social and digital platforms. Create and develop social media campaigns. Respond, refer and provide analysis across communication platforms. Monitor all social media channels and review sites for relevant discussions among peer competitors and within the financial industry by regularly reviewing sites for relavent discussions. Regularly report on how each channel is performing and provide strategic recommendations on how to improve/optimize for customer engagement. Integrate closely with other departments such as products and services, community engagement, etc. Work with other lines of business on new initiatives, campaigns or products and services. Communicate frequently of community initiatives and new campaigns throughout Trustmark’s footprint.
- Develop online digital communications with the goal of driving actionable insights for campaign optimization for a variety of projects. Identify digital opportunities for social media, digital ads, digital trends and placement. Create and maintain project timelines, schedules and cost estimates to support the progress of initiatives, including reports, analysis, and recommendations for future enhancements. Actively watch social media trends and topics to advise on how Trustmark can continually adapt to better communicate with our social community. Understand digital advertising for social and other digital mediums. Understand digital user behavior to develop more user-friendly experiences.
- Understand all aspects of digital communications and social media and stay up-to-date with new developments and emerging technologies. Utilize measurements and tools to provide progress reports and insights, while continually finding ways to improve on metrics through research and new initiatives.
- Maintain and update as needed our policies and procedures to ensure all digital-related activities conform to applicable regulatory and finance standards. Prepare presentations and dashboards for management and marketing team highlighting campaign performance and tracking business goals. Research peer groups and understand vendor relationships
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of word usage, grammar, sentence structure, and paragraphing
- Knowledge of social media and digital communication platforms
- Knowledge of the financial industry preferred
- Strong written, visual and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate with people at all levels inside and out of the organization.
- Skills using design programs including InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Understand current social media landscape and marketing potential across channels.
- Proven ability to perform and apply design skills across multiple channels including web, traditional and digital.
- Ability to navigate and maintain social media channels effectively
- Ability to connect with consumers through innovative storytelling
- Experience creating content with a strong SEO focus
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of content messaging and delivery, determining which methods work for the brand
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work independently, without close supervision
- Ability to organize, budget and prioritize a variety of projects simultaneously. Strong attention to detail and proactive nature is essential
- Ability to learn and adapt to new and changing environments
- Ability to be flexible in all situations
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings and/or weekends to respond to urgent member inquiries or company updates
- Four-year college degree with preferred focus on a communication-related field such as Social Media, Marketing or Communications
- 2-3 years of previous experience in digital and social media
- Experience in imagery and messaging preferred
The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality Human Resources Office is accepting applications for the following job vacancy in the Executive Director’s Office.
Position: Special Projects Officer IV
Salary Range: $36,176.62 to $63,309.09
Location: Information Center
A Master’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a field related to the scientific, technological, or specialized functions of the employing agency;
Four (4) years of experience related to the above described duties, three (3) years of which must include line or functional supervision.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a field related to the scientific, technological, or specialized functions of the employing agency;
Five (5) years of experience related to the above described duties, three (3) years of which must include line or functional supervision.
Graduation from a standard four-year high school or equivalent (GED);
Nine (9) years of experience related to the above described duties, three (3) years of which must include line or functional supervision.
Related education and related experience may be substituted on an equal basis, except there shall be no substitution for the three (3) years of line or functional supervision.
– Website management, website content, website edits, writing, research, taking photos and videos, public/media affairs, social media, and some graphic design.
To apply, please submit a resume to Kelty Puckett at email@example.com
Join us for the October meeting, where Certified Speaking Professional Mandi Stanley shares “Hair-On-Fire” presentation skills for PR professionals.
The meeting will take place 11:45 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 25, in Jackson’s Capital Club. The Capital Club is located at 125 S. Congress Street, on the 19th floor.
$16 for members who RSVP
$18 for guests
$18 for members who RSVP after deadline or who RSVP and don’t attend
(We can accept cash, check, credit and debit card payments on site!)
During this content-rich, highly interactive luncheon session, you will discover what you need to know for speaking up and standing out in various professional environments. Learn how to communicate your ideas with clarity, confidence and power as we discuss:
• First and foremost, how to adequately prepare for both internal and external presentations
• How to organize your thoughts and not ramble
• The only secret to stopping vocal fillers, including the distracting credibility-robbing “ums” and “uhs”
• Keys to identifying and eliminating nervous habits and jitters
• How to use mapping to prepare your message
• The final word on handshaking etiquette
• Nonverbal know-how: Eye contact exercises, “speaker charades,” and the “Ricky Bobby Syndrome”
• The three-minute first impression: what you absolutely must do in the first 180 seconds to build rapport and credibility with the people in the room
• All of this — plus chocolate for everyone!
You’ll laugh, you’ll learn and you’ll leave with your “hair-on-fire”!
About the speaker:
With more than 16 years of experience on the seminar circuit, Certified Speaking Professional Mandi Stanley works primarily with business leaders who want to boost their professional image and with people who want to be better speakers and writers. She has traveled throughout North America entertaining and educating more than 41,000 seminar participants, totaling 3900 platform hours. Some of her repeat clients include: Campbell’s Soup Company, the United States Air Force, Kimberly-Clark’s World Headquarters, Mississippi Hospital Association, McDonald’s USA, Godiva Chocolate and the National Football League (that’s right—the NFL!). In 2003, Mandi was designated a CSP, Certified Speaking Professional. Fewer than 9 percent of all worldwide speakers have earned this designation, and Mandi is the first Mississippian in history to receive this honor through the National Speakers Association.
Mandi is a summa cum laude graduate with concentrations in English, communication and management, and served as a faculty member of the American Management Association (AMA) for five years. She received the Highest Market Share Award and two Quality Awards for Customer Satisfaction from the AMA in 1998 and wrote and developed the methodology, workbooks, leaders’ guide and visual aids for the AMA/Padgett Thompson one-day seminar “How To Be A Better Proofreader.” Mandi started as a classified ad proofreader for a small newspaper in the South. A move to Dallas, Texas, led to a full-time position as a technical proposal writer for a healthcare firm. She soon parlayed that experience into the opportunity to train others to be better persuasive communicators, and her career in public speaking began on a stage in front of 700 college freshmen.
In 2003, Mandi was designated a CSP, Certified Speaking Professional. Fewer than 9 percent of all worldwide speakers have earned this designation, and Mandi is the first Mississippian in history to receive this honor through the National Speakers Association. She is also the author of “The No-Panic Plan for Presenters,” which was named a Finalist in the Career category at the Independent Book Publishers Awards in New York. Audiences appreciate her platform enthusiasm, interactive style and content-rich messages.
Mandi and her husband Bob have been married for 20 years and have made their home in Mississippi with their 4-year-old and 9-year-old sons.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation is seeking a public information officer.
Job Description: This position serves as a Public Information Officer in the MDOT Public Affairs Division. The incumbent in this position will implement and participate in planning internal and external communication strategies that support MDOT’s key initiatives and objectives. The Public Information Officer is responsible for raising the visibility of MDOT statewide to help communities understand how to access transportation programs, services and resources. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing messaging for press releases, media alerts, social media posts, website content, talking points, speeches, print materials and special publications; updates to the public on projects and disaster and emergency situations; preparing spokespeople and coordinating media interviews; and serving as an agency spokesperson.
Special Qualifications: The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, journalism or a related field, or a combination of education and experience equivalent to such a degree, and three years of work experience in public information. Experience in media relations as a spokesperson is preferred. Successful candidate must be proficient in the use of social media platforms, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Jason Scott, Public Affairs Division (67-01), PO Box 1850, Jackson, MS 39215 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information: MDOT Public Affairs Division, 601-359-7074
Public Affairs Division
Location: Jackson, MS – MDOT Administration Building, Downtown