Central Mississippi REALTORS looking for a Communications & Events Specialist
This position will provide administrative support to Communications Director/Event Planner in the day-to-day operations necessary to ensure clear and effective communication of the association’s message across all channels. Additionally, the Specialist will actively contribute to the organization and execution of events.
Role and Responsibilities
• Help implement communications projects and strategies
• Assist in maintaining web content
• Draft and edit communications copy
• Maintain member databases
• Receive communication requests
• Track communications metrics
• Solicit ad sales from affiliate sponsors
• Facilitate member communication issues and problem solving
• Support the coordination and execution of events, meetings, and activities for the purpose of ensuring these activities are well-planned and operate smoothly (secure venue, booking catering, making travel arrangements, ordering event collateral/marketing material when necessary)
• Assist with event planning, guest registration, and on-site production as necessary
• Serve as the liaison support with vendors and partners on event related matters
• Performs other duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of all Association communication and events.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Educational background in communications, marketing or business preferred
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
• Ability to provide high quality customer service and follow-up
• Experience in the preparation, and drafting of standard correspondence and reports, editing the layout and formatting reports, correspondence, charts and tables
• Organizational and time management skills
• Proficient in MS Office and email marketing software (Constant Contact)
• Understanding of internal/external member and media relations
• Graphic design skills preferred
Experience in the use of a variety of software packages including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign to prepare correspondence, presentations, create statistical reports and charts related to organizing, analyzing and reporting data.
This is a full-time position offering medical benefits, paid time off, holidays and 401K. Submit a cover letter and current resume describing your experience, skills and/or knowledge related to the requirements of the position, include paid and volunteer experience by email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.