Communications Director wanted for Operation Shoestring
Operation Shoestring is looking for a full-time Communications Director, who will be supervised by the Executive Director, although s/he will also work closely with the programs director, the financial director, the program coordinators, and the development staff. With a strategic plan centered on the following objectives, the communications director will ensure OS constituents—donors, grantmakers, volunteers, the community at large—are receiving consistent and powerful messaging that is intentional in its purpose, timing and format. This is essential, as effective communications are what expand program impact beyond the individuals directly served, to the hearts and minds of an entire community, city, state, etc., thus promoting not only OS messaging, but ultimately resource development and organizational sustainability.
Establish OS as leader/authority in the field of community transformation via a variety of methods/approaches, including the following:
- Editorial/article placement in media
- Promote OS leadership as go-to resource for local media outlets
- Promote OS leadership as speakers/representatives in relevant forums
Engage and motivate a growing set of stakeholders via a variety of methods/approaches, including the following:
- Promote OS messaging through traditional and social media, including TV/newspaper ads, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Design and create content for print publications, including newsletters, email blasts, website, brochures, signage, etc.
- Manage regular communications with donors, including thanks and recognition
- Develop strategy to expand outreach to new, potential donors
- Develop strategy to identify and capture specific success stories from service community members and OS alumni for marketing use
Promote the vision and purpose of OS campaigns/events to ensure their success, including the following:
- Annual fundraising events
- Capital campaign
- MS Statewide Afterschool Network
- Alignment Jackson
- City/State-wide summits
Ensure all communications adhere to consistent OS brand/messaging
- Create and maintain OS brand/format manual for use by staff/board/volunteers
- Create and update OS presentation packages (PowerPoint, speaking points, handouts)
Must have reliable transportation, liability insurance for personal vehicle and valid driver’s license. Limited travel may be required. For more information, visit the Operation Shoestring website.