Content Writer/Coordinator – Pinelake Church
Pinelake Church is seeking a storyteller and innovator to join its Communications Ministry as the Content Writer/Coordinator.
Qualified candidates will know how to establish a consistent voice for Pinelake Church and maintain that voice across all mediums. They will have the ability to write promotional content with clarity as well as inspirational content with conviction. As a storyteller, the Content Writer/Coordinator will enjoy connecting with members of Pinelake for the purpose of hearing their story and retelling it in an engaging way to the church family. They will also strive to remain on the leading edge of social media and digital communication trends. Optimizing the utilization of all online communication tools will be a priority. Above all the Content Writer/Coordinator will ensure that Pinelake’s brand messaging is consistent in style, quality and tone of voice across all mediums including web, social media, video, email, signage, direct mail, internal communication and external advertising.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Encourage congregational engagement through the use of compelling stories and well-crafted promotional content.
- Write content for all print and digital communications produced by the Communications Ministry.
- Ensure that brand messaging is consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice across all mediums including web, social media, video, email, worship guides, signage, direct mail, external advertising, etc.
- Research, interview, and write stories of life-change among members of the congregation for distribution through online and print mediums.
- Collaborate with the creative team to gather supportive visuals including graphic design, photography, and video assets.
- Serve as a consultant to ministry teams on writing for promotional materials and web pages.
- Provide editorial input for internal and external communications.
- Remain abreast of current web communications trends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervises and coordinates work with servants and servant leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, creative writing or related field. Professional experience in the field is an acceptable substitute if Bachelor’s degree is in another discipline.
- Three years experience preferred writing for print and online publication.
- Must have excellent English grammar and spelling and the ability to proof and edit their own and others’ writing.
- Must have expertise in writing for social media, blogs, and other online communications.
- Must be familiar with Associated Press style.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects in deadline-heavy environment.
- Must have the capacity to understand the big picture but give meticulous attention to detail, and find fulfillment in both.
- Knowledge of basic web design and content management systems is a must.
- Knowledge of basic graphic design, page layout, and/or photography a plus.