Graphic Designer – Pearl River Resort
The Pearl River Resort is hiring a Graphic Designer. This person will be responsible for maintaining and updating websites and other digital Medias. He/she will also contribute to the design and production of direct mail, ads, brochures, flyers, and signage to market the company.
- Responsible for maintaining and creating web pages for the Resort.
- Responsible for developing all print and web art that is used for the casino resort’s marketing efforts.
- Coordinate with Casino and Marketing Associates to ensure all marketing collateral materials are properly reviewed and approved.
- Interfaces with all Casino, Marketing and other departments, to provide general departmental information, on a visual level.
- Learn, work with and master the current and new design/creative principles, the use of specific design tools and the graphic design trade requirements and expectations. Progress to a level where the instructions and guidance required is minimal.
- Remain current with technological advances in the field and equipment utilized at the Resort.
- Observe, learn and utilize the Macintosh platform computers to design and create basic Pearl River Resort’s advertising and collateral pieces, as necessary.
- Work with the established job order priority list and assist in multitasking and working on several different projects during the same time frame. Inform management of problems or difficulties in meeting these requirements.
- Learn and implement intermediate design skills, while maintaining a broad knowledge of current design and production techniques that can be utilized at the Resort that allows them to manage projects from the concept stage through to actual production.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Company’s facilities, as well as special events on property, in order to communicate visually these events to the guests and Associates.
- Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AGE and GAMING:
21 years of age or above
Gaming property – Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license issued by the Choctaw Gaming Commission.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED is required. A bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design or a related field is required. An equivalent amount of previous on-the-job experience and/or industrial training may also be accepted in lieu of the education requirements for this position. Portfolio examples required at time of interview.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess excellent communication, organizational skills. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment with deadlines. Must be able to effectively resolve problems, based on common sense use of reasoning ability, as well as knowledge of established company policies. Must possess a basic level of knowledge on the Macintosh computer platform, including the following applications: Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Creative Cloud(or at lease Creative Suite 5),HTML, CSS, and WordPress. Must possess superior computer skills including: knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Works, Excel and Word) and other tools to support the necessary job functions. Previous knowledge or use of pre-press and four-color printing equipment is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees and one on one.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Essential physical abilities are walk or stand for periods in excess of two hours at a time, on occasion, bending stooping, kneeling, pushing, and pulling may be required throughout shift. Must be able to lift and maneuver at least fifty (50) lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. When on the casino floor or other designated areas may be subjected to tobacco smoke.
Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Associates must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.