Jackson Academy looking for a graphic designer
The Graphic Designer is responsible for the design and production of Jackson Academy’s printed and web publications, advertising, and web maintenance to aid in advancing the mission and goals of the institution. The position reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office or Apple equivalent products, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign required. Knowledge of WordPress, Final Cut Pro, HTML, CSS, and photography is beneficial. Two or more years of experience in design are preferred.
- Website maintenance and support
- Maintain advertising budget and accounts
- Create and design print and web advertising
- Develop email communications and maintain databases
- Work cooperatively with various departments to implement advertising material, promotional material, and coordinate fundraising and admission goals
- Create and update electronic message boards
- Design print and digital publications including yearly magazine and weekly e-newsletter
- Maintain the Jackson Academy brand elements and marks
- Work with vendors including but not limited to printers, media outlets, advertisers, and ad agencies
- Support the Interactive Media Coordinator with graphics for social media
- Assist with video production including editing
- Advise on campus signage including banners, plaques, and wall murals
- Assist photographer as needed
- All other duties assigned
Applicants should send their resumes, cover letters, and samples of their work to Patti Wade, Director of Marketing & Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.