LEC summer 2017 internship opportunity
LEC’s Director of Communications announces the opportunity for a college student majoring in the field of Communications, or a related field, to gain valuable experience in a summer internship at a leading Industrial Automation Engineering firm. Intern will work directly with the Director of Communications on all aspects of internal and external communications activities to gain knowledge and experience in real-world communication endeavors. Intern will assist with new and ongoing public relations, marketing and advertising efforts. Intern is not entitled to wages or any sort of entitlements for time spent in the LEC Internship Program.
Internship will begin May 30, 2017 and continue until August 4, 2017. Intern has the option to begin internship prior to May 1 and to extend internship past August 4, if desired.
Intern will work a minimum of six (6) hours per week, with the option to work additional hours, if desired by Intern. Intern may select preferred work days (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) with the understanding the schedule must receive prior approval from the Director of Communications.
Internship Application and Submission Deadline
Interested candidates should email LEC’s Director of Communications Liz Densmore to apply for the position. Ldensmore@LECINC.com
The deadline to submit applications is Friday, March 31, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Primary Learning Objectives
- Assist with development of creative concepts and marketing strategies.
- Coordinate with graphic designer to translate creative concepts into print, online and other collateral materials.
- Develop content for promotional materials including, but not limited to direct mail pieces, print and electronic newsletters, website and social media content, news releases and other materials as needed.
- Assist with copy editing for the various promotional materials defined above.
Specific Tasks to Accomplish
- Intern will assist in developing concepts and ideas for current and new company Communications-related activities and publications.
- Intern will participate in meetings, events and activities related to LEC Communications endeavors.
- Intern will write copy for LEC collateral materials, news releases, newsletters, publications and social media outlets.
- Intern will assist with creation, development and proofing of company materials and publications.
- LEC’s Director of Communications will guide, oversee and assist Intern with all activities.
- Intern will be under direct supervision of LEC’s Director of Communications.
- Intern will be provided with opportunities to receive real-world experience in a safe, positive and instructional environment.
- Intern will have 100% access to LEC’s Director of Communications at all times.
- Intern will be provided invaluable learning experiences under the supervision of a communications professional with over 16 years of communications experience.
- LEC’s Director of Communications will actively participate, monitor, direct, oversee, and have final review of and authority over any and all of the Intern’s activities.
- LEC provides that the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the Intern.
- LEC recognizes, maintains and understands that the Intern is not entitled to a job LEC at the conclusion of the internship.
- LEC recognizes, maintains and understands that the Intern is not entitled to wages or any sort of entitlements for time spent in the internship.
Leaders in Industrial Automation Control Engineering and IIoT Communication LEC provides industrial automation and control engineering, and industrial IoT enablement and cloud platform services of the highest quality with an unending commitment to our Clients, Strategic Partners and Communities. Through Client and Partner engagement, technical innovation, research and investment in the brightest human resources, we engineer smarter systems to achieve complete satisfaction of those we serve. With each project our goal is to establish a new standard of quality and professionalism.
About LEC’s Director of Communications
Liz Hogue Densmore brings over 16 years of communications-related experience to LEC’s executive team, where she is responsible for all aspects of external and internal communications and human resource-related activities.
Her previous positions as a television news reporter and anchor, media representative at the Mississippi State Department of Health, and Director of Public Relations and Marketing at the USA International Ballet Competition have prepared her to expertly meet the marketing needs of LEC. Liz is a graduate of the University of Mississippi, where she received a Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast Journalism with an Emphasis in Public Relations and Minors in English and Theatre.
Liz was selected as one of Mississippi’s 50 Leading Business Women for 2015 and as a 2017 Top 50 Under 40 Business Leader by the Mississippi Business Journal. She was recently named “Public Relations Practitioner of the Year” by the Public Relations Association of Mississippi’s (PRAM) Central Chapter. Liz serves as VP of Membership for PRAM Central, is a Rankin County Chamber Ambassador and a member of the Junior League of Jackson.