Marketing Coordinator – Magnolia FCU in Jackson
Magnolia Federal Credit Union is hiring a Marketing Coordinator in its Jackson office. This person will assist the head of Marketing by coordinating and executing the company’s marketing, communications and public relations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to annual marketing plan and budget while coordinating the development of the company’s promotions and special events.
- Develop and maintain proficiency in various software programs for production, design and tabulation of various marketing pieces and research materials. This includes maintenance of the website and other internal systems use for promotion of the company. Additionally, this includes developing and maintaining the ability to manage and update Space Age web and home banking site.
- Assist in the business development of the company, to include participating in business development activities focused on increasing customer and potential customer awareness of the company’s products/services.
- Creates and manages comprehensive social media strategy to define programs that use social media marketing techniques to increase visibility and membership. Monitors trends in social media–tools, trends, and applications–and appropriately applies that knowledge to increasing the use of social media by Magnolia Federal Credit Union members and potential members. Manages online communities on the credit union’s behalf using, but not limited to Facebook, My Space, You Tube, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and other social media, by uploading relevant content daily while tracking metrics and relevant conversations. Incorporates captivating social networking and interactive media features into all marketing delivery channels and messages when appropriate. Measures the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts.
- Assists with copywriting to include but not limited to writing, editing, and proofreading content as part of the production of assigned digital, print, and other projects
- Coordinate the marketing research for the organization. This includes the annual member survey, closed account surveys, phone interviews, and the evaluation of marketing and public relations campaigns.
- Coordinate and execute a financial literacy program at participating schools.
- Responsible for the development and management of the company’s youth and teen programs. This includes special events, marketing materials and tracking of the programs.
- Participate in public and community relations activities to promote the company.
- Manage the promotion and participation in the credit union’s fundraising efforts including but not limited to food drives, Credit Union for Kids, charity walks, etc.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control
Two to five years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
Computer experience necessary in the following software – Microsoft Word, and Excel. Graphic design experience preferred in Photoshop, other Adobe Creative software.
A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required to be an effective subject matter expert in the position. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature is a normal part of the day-to-day experience. Communications can involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
Magnolia Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 2 years