Meridian Public School District seeking a public relations director
The Meridian Public School District is hiring for a public relations director. It is the responsibility of the Director of Public Relations to coordinate all aspects of district communications, assuring accurate and timely flow of information between the district and its publics; direct overall publishing of forms and publications necessary to the smooth operation of district; facilitate positive community relations, and programs; participate in planning and developing district programs and services.
· Provides technical assistance in editing, designing, publishing approved school-related publications and forms, such as programs, handbooks, brochures, etc.
· Furnishes media with news, announcements and calendars concerning school activities as well as news memos on potential human interest or late-breaking stories.
· Assists in scheduling press conferences and appearances on radio or TV talk shows or at civic meetings and assists media in clearing and arranging interviews, appearances, and photo sessions in schools or with school personnel and secure parental release when required.
· Edits and publishes district periodicals, including brochures for recruitment and for parents of students new to the district.
· Photographs events and news makers for above services.
· Supervises and coordinates operation of district print services.
· Coordinates district Adopt-A-School program.
· Publicizes/advertises school services, such as summer programs, pre-registration, and new programs.
· Produces school/district promotional media such as advertising, promotional videos, slide productions, and coordinates requests from outside agencies for access to schools/classrooms/buses, etc. for similar productions.
· Participates/directs in staff development activities related to public information/image development for professional and support personnel.
· Participates in Chamber of commerce activities and other school-community programs.
· Coordinates district involvement in community service programs and special observances such as American Education Week, United Way, etc.
· Participates with Superintendent in student and employee appreciation/achievement recognition events/honors (plaques, luncheons, dinners, certificates, awards, etc.)
· Maintains media clippings/research files for district.
· Coordinates student/family/newcomer recruitment services/activities through realtors, Chamber of Commerce, individual referrals.
· Coordinates with superintendent information meetings/luncheons/tours for focus groups.
· Participates in strategic planning and program development.
· Assists with school/district crisis interventions.
· Assists superintendent with reports, awards and presentation proposals, etc.
· Maintains talent bank of district personnel to communicate school issues and programs to public.
· Coordinates district level tours, visits by other districts, agencies, officials.
· Advises superintendent and staff of public relations impact of pertinent issues and events.
· Accepts responsibilities as assigned by the superintendent.
· Maintains open lines of communication with all community organizations and provides prompt responses to requests for information regarding the policies and programs of the district.
· Creates and manages the district’s social media accounts
Reports to: Superintendent
· Bachelors degree in communication or related field.
· General knowledge of printing processes, school management, and Microsoft Office Programs
· Skills in handling deadlines, interruptions, and public inquiries.
· Strong communication skills.
For more information, visit the job posting.