Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society seeking a Social Media and Graphic Design Coordinator
The Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, based in Jackson, MS, is looking for a Social Media and Graphic Design Coordinator.
TITLE: Social Media and Graphic Design Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Communications
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORK LOCATION: Headquarters
DATE: October 30, 2017
OBJECTIVE: To provide leadership, development, and continual improvement of Phi Theta Kappa’s social media strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write and design content for all social media channels while maintaining Society branding.
- Develop and execute the strategic content schedule for social media.
- Serve as subject matter expert on emerging social media platforms, and make recommendations on how the Organization can best utilize the technology.
- Responsible for reporting analytics for all social media channels.
- Create and implement advertising campaigns on social media channels and manage an advertising budget with guidance from the Content Manager and/or Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Responsible for monitoring and engaging in online conversations with constituents, including responding to questions and comments; coverage on nights, weekends, and holidays will be expected.
- Train colleagues, specifically staff, International Officers, Social Media Ambassadors, and other groups, as needed to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way.
- Create compelling concepts, layouts, and final art for a wide variety of marketing materials.
- Collaborate with internal departments for design visions and goals.
- Facilitate design improvements using knowledge of best practices, the Organization’s marketing and communications history, target audiences, and current design trends.
- Understand the Marketing and Communications strategies and project plans and provide create direction and multiple solution options.
Support implementation of the strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or related field and one year of related social media and graphic design experience, or associate’s degree and three years of related social media and graphic design experience.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of multiple social media platforms, metrics, and tracking.
- Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Studio.
- Knowledge of image supply sources, copyright, and registered image uses.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and set goals and meet established deadlines.
- Professional written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively perform and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work some irregular hours as needed, including nights and weekends.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.